Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Family

Up all night doing remote maintenance on two networks. Spent yesterday collecting a few odds and ends from the LAN Party left on purpose at FeleciaB's house and visited with Beagle, Mudslingr and the Purple Giraffe for a while.

We had coffee and a long conversation geek-style. Music was discussed too. Mudslingr helped get gas for my truck (ran out, duh!) and then surprised me with a riding lawn mower for the beach house. Overwhelmed and overcome with joy!

My daughters and sons-in-law plus the little ones are awesome beyond words. They realize what a devastating and chaotic time it's been the past few months. The items lost in the fire were critical to cash flow and home maintenance. Nice to know I have family that loves me and cares. God in heaven knows I am a truly blessed man.

May be struggling, but a new laptop and riding mower certainly have lifted my spirits. A day never passes without a prayer of gratitude for all of them. Really not much in the way of tech news today, but it is nice to know that there are family and friends that care.

"You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them."
~Desmond Tutu

No comments: