Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day

I can think of no better music for this day than the following song. The web address is listed at the end. Please visit. This is a great project. Yes, it is being repeated. It's hard for me to watch without shedding a tear or two. I lost my last friend with whom I served in Vietnam not too long ago. Red Dragon, we still have each other and are truly brothers in arms. I thank God you are still with us. Wish we could have run into each other over there. WARNING: There is some profanity, but remember this as a celebration of the bravery that exists throughout our troops.



Stopping for a few moments and praying is certainly appropriate. If you don't know why then you have no business being here on this site...or anywhere in this great country.

"And I'm proud to be an American,
where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me."

~Lee Greenwood

1 comment:

feleciab said...

Hoo YAHHHHHHH!
Thanks goes out to all who have served, are serving or have family serving!