Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Attack of Stupid-itis

Please excuse my absence the past few days. Seems that once a year, or thereabouts, I have to completely FUBAR a gaming keyboard. The latest victim is a Merc Stealth. Just poured 90 bucks down the drain, because I can't drink a straight coke or coffee without spilling it. This is the third time this has happened. Every time I've been completely sober without a drop of boat drinks, rum coke, etc. Damn it, may start drinking more!!!!!!!!!!! Nah, just kidding.

Contrary to what some think and some say, my daily usage of alcohol is at an all time low. Well, there were those 2 years (almost) I quit. For all you naysayers I'll be glad to share my LFTs that will be run this Thursday. Bet they are better than most. Assuming certain things just because you wish it, that is not good practice. Believe me, the voice of experience speaks.

"If you know someone who tries to drown their sorrows, you might tell them sorrows know how to swim."
~H. J. Brown

3 comments:

beagle said...

That sucks! Feel free to bring it over to the house...we can attempt to clean it out.

dock said...

tyvm, am super frustrated and need to stay away from it for a day or two. sure may take u up on that offer!

Mudslingr said...

I took a keyboard apart once and washed all the pieces in the tub. (It was very nasty) After a few days of drying out, it plugged up and worked like a champ.

Have you ever thought about getting a keyboard protector to match you pocket protector? May be something to look into.

Amazon has new merc boards (original) for $189.00. The SteelSeries boards (the new brand) run about $80. I came across a few mercs for $40 + shipping.

And, that is really great about the "all time low" on usage of said whistle wetters. Hoping for nothing but good news come Thursday!