Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Friday, January 29, 2010

Slow Day Then King Cake! King Cake!

TGIF. For some reason this week has been very tiring. Just finished two posts that were in the draft stage. They are now published. Where does all this time go and does it take money out of my wallet when it leaves? People are being conservative with their bucks and I don't blame them. I hear reports everyday about business being slow. It's my belief the current administration has taken a bad situation and made it worse. Please remember this as you vote. Health Care Plan my ass! Just another title for federal government controlled socialized medicine.

One really nice thing happened today. When I returned home there was a package on the veranda from Gambinos. Inside I discovered a blueberry King Cake. Immediately the box was opened and a few minutes later the sugar coma took over. Yep, I think blueberry is my favorite. Don't know about King Cakes? Go to Wikipedia and search for Mardi Gras. There's a reason it's called Fat Tuesday! Thank you so much for the wonderful gift Verdana. It is such a pleasure to receive such treats, daughter of mine!

"God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say thank you?" ~William A. Ward

2 comments:

David said...

Fantastic quote!!!

Dock said...

Thank you sir and Amen!