Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Friday, December 18, 2009

Medical Note

Visited the doctor today. Annual check up and except the aching back reports are good so far. It'll take a week for the rest of the lab results to show up. They did test blood sugar level and mine was in tolerance. Whew! The nurse told me if I had not eaten that 9:30PM burger with Coke the test would have had better results. They were pleased that I had lost weight and encouraged me to continue. Received a flu shot and opted out on the H1N1 vaccine. All in all, it was a pleasant visit (I have white coat syndrome). The back thing just has to take time. Still hurts, but complaining doesn't make it feel any better. Ever notice that?

Scheduled to work this weekend, but may take a day tomorrow and do as advised: Stay off the feet and let the back ease up. Anyway, Good Lord willin' I will be around for a few more days to aggravate everybody.

"The only equipment lack in the modern hospital? Somebody to meet you at the entrance with a handshake!"
~Martin H. Fischer

No comments: