Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Orinoco Just Ain't Flowin' at the Beach House.

Still trying to get a wifi router/access point to revive. Progress is not good. The intermittent ISP drops weren't ISP drops I don't think. Since I've been hardwired the drops have stopped. It was probably the death throes of that router. Will find one today or tomorrow and have it back online. Shucks, 4 years life out of a device that stayed on 24/7 was a bargain. No complaints on Belkin equipment.

I do have 3 Proxim AP's in stock and they have me completely bamboozled. One is a 600 and two are 2000s. Anyone with background in Orinoco/Proxim set up please, I need your help. I do have software and pieces of manuals for the 2000s and a complete manual for the 600. These are wonderful devices with great range. I just can't wrap my head around the initial setup. They all appear to work and I have only one set of radio cards for the 2000s. At one time I did have a 2000 up and running then decided to fix something that wasn't broken. Duh! Whaddya expect? I'm a Nerd! Was always disassembling things as a kid to see what made 'em work. Boy Howdy! Dad was not happy about that lawn mower engine being in pieces scattered around the garage! Anyway, if you are an Orinoco/Proxim Geek Prime I need some help.

Have a lovely Sunday and get outside! Be sure and grab that sunblock! The local weather is awesome!

"Good instincts usually tell you what to do long before your head has figured it out."
~Michael Burke

No comments: