Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Friday, July 10, 2009

The New Cell Phone is Here! The New Cell Phone is Here!

Finally, my son-in-law, Mudslingr, and I met and purchased a new cell phone for my use. We've talked about it for months. I dropped my Motorola Razr V3 several weeks ago and it has fritzed almost daily since then. After considering the LG CL920 Vu and the iPhone (yes, I truly considered it, they are much better phones now) I decided to go with what has worked for me during the past 5 years. A Razr. It's a V9 and after one day I can see the vast improvements over my old V3. The main factor in the decision was its ability to function in close proximity to a computer. Several friends have the LG CL920 Vu phones. Some have problems with buzzing and low signal when next to a computer, while other folks don't. The LG was very tempting. It is a touch screen phone with many capabilitites including TV. Since a contract was renewed, price of the phones really didn't play a part in the purchase. Well, the extra monthly charges for the iPhones knocked it out of the competition early.

One really nice accessory that comes in the box with the V9 is an adapter that will use all my old chargers. The phone also fits perfectly in my V3 holster. They have made navigation easier by moving many buttons, features, etc. to where I thought they should have been located. My buddy Elies Coming, declared a year ago it's the best phone he ever owned. I understand. His is broken, but still functioning. He will go by today and get a new one. This phone feels good. It has a nice durable finish and if it lasts half as long as the last one I'll be pleased. It will take an eight gig card so there goes my need for a separate mp3 player. It also has GPS. This is NOT the same buzzing, humming phone that many remember when they first hit the market. It's stylish with large screens, easy navigation, lightning fast Blue Tooth connection and awesome range.

Thanks Mudslinger for all the help and guidance and thanks Samantha at AT&T for all the assistance in programming. Now I must find that 8 gig card. Will keep you posted about The Razr2 V9 experience.

"Communication is a two-way street. And while we revel in the reality that we can always get through to heaven, our concern should be whether our Lord can always get through to us."
~Joseph Stowell

No comments: