Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Sunday, September 07, 2008

My Power is Edgy


My head has been stuck inside a machine all day trying to recover data on a Dell PowerEdge 1600 single Xeon server. This is the 11th time I've created the original scenario and it looks like the light at the end of this tunnel is fading. If only the tapes hadn't overwritten the data for backup with bad data. The mirror drive was corrupted as well. This network needs to be redone. There are just too many weird things about it. I believe in the KISS approach, Keep It Simple Stupid, and the last 'S' is me. When people start creating domains and active directories in small networks they should consider future usage and speed instead of complicating data and data usage just because they can...Oh well, let me get back to it. Later.

"Vitality shows in not only the ability to persist but the ability to start over."
~F. Scott Fitzgerald

No comments: