Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

AVG Still Rocks

It's Tuesday! That means Monday is not due for six more days! Whew! Glad yesterday is over and will probably feel the same way tomorrow about today. Time marches on. Tomorrow I have an appointment with the doctor. I have white coast syndrome. They bother me so my anxiety is heightened. Oh well, try not to worry too much and see what tomorrow brings, huh?

There's much talk about the newest free edition of AVG Anti-Virus. Version 8 is using more resources and the scans are taking 3 to 4 hours instead of the 45-50 minutes to which we've grown accustomed. There has been a problem updating downloads, but that seems better. The same problem was encountered when they had a major version upgrade from 6 to 7. The definitions downloads, I mean. I am sticking with it. Hopefully they will reduce the scan time and the definitions should become easier to download. Take a look over at HowtoGeek for a more thorough article on this subject. You can download the AVG 8 Free Edition there too. Read the comments for more hands on info.. This is a great site and the Geekster is usually right on the money about things in nerdworld.

What beautiful weather at the beach house. I'll be tied to the bench trying to revive a badly needed server that should have been back online last week! Complications, complications. If I wasn't crazy I'd go insane. Later.

"They must often change, who would be constant in happiness or wisdom."
~Confucius

No comments: