Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Friday, September 26, 2008

Games People Play and Other Things

Rather short post yesterday. The day started early and my server problem that I've fought is over. I spent several hours during the night sometime around the very witching hour discovering why the circa 2000 DOS software would not let Vista print to screen or device. That client machine is now printing to both. Wow, what a nightmare. Can we say perseverance? Can we say gusto of a pit bull? Spent wayyyyyy too much time rebuilding this network only to have them purchase a server from someone else. Hey, building servers is one of my specialties. There are many across North Mississippi built at the beach house and they are tough, durable machines. Oh well, what cha gonna do? Can't win them all. They didn't even ask me and I retrieved their data and brought a SCSI XEON server back online running better than ever. Enough of this whine, really not that important.

Am building a gaming machine that will be for sale in a few weeks. It will definitely be able to MMORPG (Massively Multiple Online Role Playing Game). Can we say kick ass? Oh yeah. Visiting in the realm of the 3 continents is great, great fun. That's my oldest daughter in the picture alongside my mainmost character, Maskull Tor. She's an Air Elementalist and is capable of opening up a huge tin of whupass. Her character's name is Cyndane Eloize. Wish we had more time to play. I am old, tired and a lardass. She's pregnant. Enough! Back to the machine presently being built. The price wil be fair, but don't expect a Wal-Mart type price. WallyWorld does not sell anything close to the power of uber that will be found in this machine. This is a "spec" machine, but let me know if you have certain needs and it can be tailored to suit you. Oh yes, it will be dual core Opteron based. Nuff said?

Gosh folks, enjoy the weekend. Weather here is beautiful. Think I'll try and catch up on badly needed rest and sleep. Later.

"Keep on going, and the chances are that you will stumble on something, perhaps when you are least expecting it. I never heard of anyone ever stumbling on something sitting down."
~Kettering

No comments: