Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Monday, May 28, 2007

Tribute

Memorial Day is special. Upon returning from the last tour of Vietnam my life was a wreck. Lost, I wandered the world seeking an explanation of why the nightmares wouldn't go away. It was rough. Real rough. God helped me get to the beach house eventually and a lot of my journey is over. Finally it's possible to relax. The nightmares don't visit as often now. Wish I would have sought help when leaving the service which was many years ago in the month of May. My broken heart might have mended at a faster rate and my soul could have been more at peace.

Life is such a blessing now. My two wonderful daughters and their families are supreme joys. My friends are super. The Lord has been good to me, even during the hard times. Today has been quiet and leisure is the word of the day. Working on several PCs that need to be back with their owners tomorrow and 'dialing' into my networks for maintenance is a wonderful way to take it easy. Enjoying a great cup of coffee here plus giving thanks for those that have died and those that have lived to keep freedom ringing. Prayers for all the families are necessary.

Here's is a link to a 15 year old's take on today, tomorrow, and the future. This has received 7,000,000 hits as of this morning. Sit down, turn up the volume, lose distractions for a few minutes and be awed by a fellow human heart:

Tribute

Thanks my friend Ed for a wonderful link. And thanks Lizzie, you are a beacon of hope.

"On thy grave the rain shall fall from the eyes of a mighty nation!"
~Parsons

No comments: