Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Craftsman ElectraGlide in Red

My push mower is a Craftsman with a 22" cut and in very good shape. This morning I must go to the gas pump and pay over $11.00 to fill a very small gasoline can in order to fuel part of my chores today. Can we say absurd? Then it's back to doing a few rounds of mowing at a time alternating with housework. This pattern is due to back strain.

As I whined about this on the phone with Mother yesterday she commented, "It's amazing you can ride a motorcycle over 2000 miles to Daytona, Florida and back in 6 days without back problems, but every time you go to mow the yard it's a major ordeal." Having known Mother all my life I shut up about it and changed the subject to something that included no complaints. In the back of my mind that little voice was shouting, "You like that Harley a helluva' lots better than that Craftsman." Besides, I can't ride the Craftsman.

Must go do my vacuuming, dusting, dishwashing, mopping, tile scrubbing and lawncare. Mother will be visiting tomorrow, along with my brother's family. Kristi and Jay will be here with new baby Mallory. Have a casual Saturday.

"A family is a unit composed not only of children but of men, women, an occasional animal, and the common cold."
~Ogden Nash

No comments: