Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Delays, Servers and Further Whines

After sleeping on a problem, this morning the problem awoke me. It seems so weird that a machine so stable has started encountering so many UNRELATED problems. My method will be logical deduction until the source is found. And, if I stay alive , it WILL be found. Getting some different protection hardware today. This may be the time to switch to Linux server software as well. As a geek this should make me happy, but other work was planned and now that will be delayed. Everyone please bear with me. The next week will see a lot of evening work so Ken, Dianne, Kim, etc., y'all are not forgotten.

Yes, the phone was off for about 3.5 hours last night. If you call my phone, your number will show up. If you leave a message on voice mail it'll most likely be garbled or I don't receive it until later. So voice mail stuff is very low priority. Nothing is more frustrating than to listen to a bunch of garbled message goop when busy. Besides, I usually don't check it but once a week - that way it's only about 45 minutes of garbled goop that I sit and delete. Wish there was some way to fix it or delete it from the phone. Cingular, they have the least dropped calls you know. They tell you that on TV several times a day. If this is true then apparently Cell South, Sprint, Verizon, etc., must only get one or two partial calls a week. Cingular is changing society in a bad way - being polite and saying goodbye has become almost impossible.

Puh-lease don't message me in GW and ask about the server. Have a little respect for my efforts to practice what little patience is inherent. Whiner boy out...

"Patience: A minor form of despair disguised as a virtue."
~Ambrose Bierce

No comments: