Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Saturday, July 19, 2003

WARNING - BEFORE READING THIS POST - please click on the link, Email Manners. Read the whole article. This is very good. It's so good I've put it at the top of the list! BTW, the Geocities popup on this page disappears after a few seconds....




Okay, let's talk about email courtesy. If you send an email to me that is "chained" (asks me to forward to 5 people, etc.) I read it, enjoying the fact that you took the time to send it to me. I will NEVER, NEVER, NEVER forward something that has tried to intimidate me into doing it. I reallly hate the religious ones that tell me that if I love Jesus I'll send it to 'so many people' and if I don't then that means I don't love Jesus. Let's get something straight right here and now. I accept that Christ is the Son of God. He is my personal guardian and salvation from a corrupt, fallen world. He knows this and I don't really give a damn if you like it or not. Those that are busy trying to convince me to worship a particular way - hey get a life! I accept that we are all different and it is not my place to judge others as so many "religions" do. Whatever floats your boat. Now, you are welcome to keep sending such emails, I love to hear from folks. Just understand, I don't send stuff on to others and probably won't send stuff back. If you address me personally, you WILL get a personal reply from me. Any personal news, important info or general cyber info is always welcome. Please bear with me if I take time to reply; my day usually starts at 5:30am and ends around midnight.

If you call on the phone don't even bother with hello - ask if I am busy! Yes, just say the words "Are you busy?" It is very frustrating to be on a scissors lift, 40ft in the air (am a fraidy cat when it comes to heights anyway and wired by being in such an awful predicament) repairing a break in a cat 5E cable and the phone rings with someone on the other end wanting to chew the fat. Folks, last time I did such a repair it took two hands. Besides, even if I had a free hand, I'd be hanging on for dear life with it. If I don't answer the phone at home or otherwise, I am busy and don't have time to talk. Time is precious and I try to rigidly schedule mine. My company provides my cell phone and they pay for the time. Short messages r k, but NOT long conversations. Tom has a thing about personal calls on his cell phone, so please work with me and respect this request. I do not tolerate ass chewings, right or wrong, very well.

Consider all that's been written then you will see that I am only asking for common courtesy. I've toned this down and put off posting these requests since I first started this blog. The air seems better now.

Keep those cards n letters coming! Just don't expect me to do the "chain letter" dance.



No comments: