Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Friday, July 11, 2003

Those techs need to talk some more. The cable modem is out again. I've just sent an email to the cable company requesting that they swap out the modem. I will have to drive to Booneville and pick up the device. This is real annoying. They are nice enough - so far. This is the second time I will make such a trip. I just hope they respond. Satellite now has local channels and DSL is way cheap. I've just always liked the dependability of the cable modem and hope they don't disappoint me.

This weekend has been scheduled for maintenance on my big windows machine. I am going to archive a lot of data, install 90 gigs of SCSI 10,000 spin hard drive and also install a server (another dual processor machine) on this network. If I can manage it, there will be one more machine added that will use BSD as an operating system. Of course I have to mow the yard and clean out the garage, etc. There is also a second job that needs several hours of work this weekend. Okay, okay. I am not whining. Glad to have the machines, the kewl lawn and the second job. Posting here may be difficult, especially if the cable modem is down all weekend. After all the network improvements are in place, there will be more time to post/publish here and mow my yard!

Being without high speed connectivity has become stressful - pseudogeek out

No comments: