Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Monday, July 07, 2003

Sleep is a problem. I remember being awake for hours at a time during the night when just a small, small child. Sleeping all night is out of the question. When I first returned from Vietnam the dreams were horrible. They still show up on occasion. Sometimes I can almost smell things. Not a lot of fun. Thank God these nightmares are more infrequent now. I also dream about flying. Just me, no planes. Weird. I suffer from acrophobia. A fear of heights has something to do with the strange, frightening dreams of soaring. I can sometimes ID these dreams as dreams and they go away peacefully. Any suggestions?

Monday and I've been awake for several hours. Read a book, watched tv and kept my sore foot propped up. Think I'll go back n see if there's another hour or so of rest before being off to work. Can 'they' fire you because your foot mysteriously started hurting? No doubt I need sleep.

No comments: