Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Friday, July 04, 2003

Fourth of July is a traditional Parrothead Party. Last night I talked to Parrothead Mike and we are amazed that we are getting so old we are not planning the huge festivity with rum n cooked animals on the grill(listen to "Gypsies in the Palace" by Buffett}. Being ageless friends we both agreed that we'd probably talk before this day is done and shared old experiences and renewed our friendship.

I am having steak for breakfast. Dr John, if you are reading this don't get spastic. I will also mow an acre of lawn today. So chill. And put down those Malboros. I may even eat ice cream before the day is done. So, a great whoop-te-doo is not planned. Last few times I've tried to whoop-te-doo the party has not materialized. It's gonna be nice to spend some quality time with my machines and tv.

The Mississippi Highway patrol has spammed the tv channels with ads about not drinking and driving this weekend. Please heed these warnings. Doesn't matter if you are in New York, Alabama, Florida or Mexico - abide! Stay safe and relax. Time off is precious for everyone. Respect your fellow man/woman/person and drink responsibly. WORD!

My father passed away several years ago. His birthday was the 4th of July. I will reflect on his life and association with me all day. There may not be a lotta people here and I may spend the day alone or with the lawn mower, but positive thoughts shall rule throughout the day. Yep, nice day to be off and celebrate our great nation! Other things too...

No comments: