Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Sunday, July 06, 2003

Growing older beats the alternative. Aging has some amazing suprises. Some are well documented; eyesight begins to fail, hearing starts to go, hair thins, harder to lose weight, etc. Some are not so apparent. The way your can harmlessly sit and have your back start hurting is aggravating. And what's with all this new stuff? I never had a problem with my feet short of stepping on something or in something. Now I've got a pain in the bottom of my right foot that discourages mobility. Where did it come from? This being tired stuff is for the birds too. Why is it some foods are just not edible now? Spent most of my life loving a good tuna salad sandwich and now I cannot eat the stuff. Always loved parched peanuts and they've declared war on my digestive tract. I should be thankful I've aged and am a blessed man. God willing, I still have some things to do.

http://www.questia.com/Index.jsp?CRID=aging&OFFID=se1

There are thousands of sites on aging. Google search and take your pick. I found the above site interesting because it has online books and seems easy to navigate.

Well, this has been exhausting. My foot hurts, my back is in spasms, I am not seeing this screen clearly, and the tv volume needs to be turned up. Time to hop to the kitchen, eat some bland food, and watch it put pounds on me while I drift away to la-la nap land. Seems like there was something else I wuz gonna do?!?

No comments: