Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Sunday, May 31, 2009

It's a Linux Day in the Neighborhhood

First, be sure and visit one my guildmates site, another proud Guild Wars Kudzu Dragon, Ashrhetta's Space. Using Windows Live format this site is developing nicely. Brings to mind an old Southern expression, "Hold your beer and watch this!" Kudos and props my friend.

Just upgraded my Linux machine to Kubuntu 9.0.4. The KDE module is 4.2 and I think I'll leave it that way until 4.3 comes out of beta. It's really slick so far. Picked up all my devices, including the G5 laser mouse and jumped right on the internet. Looks like great fun to play with all the new goodies included in this version. Hoppa and Ty Roneus, y'all need to take a lookesee if you haven't. They have made great changes to desktop structure. And finally made changing the homepage a breeze! Am posting this with the Linux machine and can tell it does not like the keyboard. We'll change that. Also some of the blogger tools are missing but I bet that changes. Heck I should go back to layout format anyway. We'll see.

It's hot outside so I took a nap and am now in the process of throwing together a burrito or two. Letting the beef slow cook. Found my jalapenos hiding behind the pineapple juice. MOOOHEHEHHAHA!! They cannot hide!

"Friendship needs no words..."
~Dag Hammarskjold

No comments: