Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Monday, May 18, 2009

Cats and Dogs (Fellow Guildmates and Gamers Please Read the EDIT)

I like dogs. I like cats too. But dogs are special because when I grew up we always had a dog. Mother likes cats too, but I don't think Dad was especially fond of them. Seems like there was always an outside cat around and I know he fed the ones that lived around the barn. So maybe he did like cats just not in the house. Dogs were permitted inside if it was extremely cold. I think I remember a cat or two sharing that warm respite too. Oh yes, the title to the pix of the puppies is 'WASSSUP!!'

My two daughters are animal lovers. My youngest, net-name Beagle, has dogs and cats. They are cool. My oldest daughter has 3 cats. They are cool too. I have no pets since frequent road trips would leave them abandoned. Animals need their humans. Beagle takes pictures for the Tupelo-Lee Humane Society and works with them as a volunteer. By the way, they can always use donations. It can be money, food, food bowls, etc. Since my oldest daughter, net-name Verdana, has a 2 year old daughter and a two month old daughter, needless to say, she stays busy. I envision the day when she will aid their local humane shelter.

Anyway I think I may have stumbled on a site that might be new to them. It is the Daily Puppy. The site uses a newspaper format and is full of pictures, information and fun. Of course there's always laughs at icanhasacheeseburger aka LOLCats and ihasahotdog aka LOLDogs. These sites might not match the trunk monkey stuff, but some of the shots are hilarious. Hey, trunk monkeys rule.

Big thanks out to Red Dragon for forwarding the pixs used today. He's also an animal lover. Check out the sites. LOLDogs and LOLCats have thousands of pictures and you can even send them one of your own pet with captions and all. When the going gets rough I can visit these sites and always come away feeling more positive.

"I never married because there was no need. I have three PETS at home which answer the same purpose as a husband. I have a dog which growls every morning, a parrot which swears all afternoon and a cat that comes home late at night."
~Marie Corelli

EDIT: After being down for 2 weeks with a shoulder injury due to a fall off a ladder, now I've been stung by a red wasp on the ball of my foot. I am so allergic they won't let me carry one of those kits around. I HAVE to go to the doctor. I did. Now the shoe will fit. It wouldn't this morning. The nausea has subsided. It still hurts like hell. So, we LAN party at the beach house July the 4th...not this coming Memorial Day weekend. Disappointment is already coming in from several gamers and I feel guilty because I said I would not cancel. Things are just too scattered to pull everything together by this weekend and due to extra medical stuff the cash flow is nil. It'll be better on July 4th. Besides, the 4th is just a bit over a month away! Again, the guilt is bothering me and I am sorry.

No comments: