Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Beach House Politics

In the course of conversation last night it was mentioned that I had stated that nothing political would be mentioned here. Sorry, that's just not the way the beach house ball bounces. I didn't want Obama elected and campaigned for McCain. Yet, he is my President now and my citizenship dictates that I support his efforts. I do. I hope he does a good job. It will be extremely pleasing if he can guide us through the worst economic upset seen in my lifetime.

But, you can bet your sweet bippie that I'll most likely support the Republican candidate during the next Presidential election. I'll also vote for the person I think most qualified so that doesn't make my GOP decision set in stone. I have many great friends. The vast majority are Republicans. Two are aligned with the Democratic party, but are closet Republicans. They belong to unions. I have only one true Democrat as a friend, well two including his wife. There's actually one more and you'll understand if you keep reading.

Now face facts. Let me repeat my position as far as politics and this site. It is beyond a doubt things will come up on occasion. This is basically a site for the ramblings of a southern nerd and sometimes tech support for computers is posted. I do have opinions and will continue to express my feelings about various instances that occur out there in the real world. If you are a Democrat you are more than welcome to visit here anytime. I visit the Mississippi Political site and am impressed with the wealth of information that can be found there. They do not lean towards the Republicans. Yet, it is interesting to read the many articles and various material. This is a well done site that has survived the years and is easily navigated. Kudos to them.

This all leads to a major decision about the upcoming mayoral election in Saltillo, MS. I am an avid supporter of the Democratic candidate, Mr. Paul Turner. The present mayor (IMHO), Bill Williams is a jerk and a liar. He claims to have made major changes in our city water. He indicates they are positive changes. Folks, stop by and have a drink of tap water. I'll be surprised if you finish it. He sat on his dead butt in a bank for years, retired and beat out Paul who was serving on the city council and had great support from within. I thought Paul would beat this guy by a tremendous margin. Well, this time around it may happen. Bill has all these goofy cars, trucks, etc., all over town and stickers, banners and other promos thick throughout the city. So he's running scared. And should. I feel Paul Turner is a better man than Bill Williams. I think Paul will help this city too.

Just the other day I overheard a conversation in a local business that is new to our community. It was the manager talking to one of the owners saying that Bill Williams hardly ever left his office and had not been in this new business. They are proud of a display they have at the front of the store that is based on Saltillo history and memorabilia. The manager was upset that the mayor of the town hadn't visited to at least acknowledge the nice display. As I pulled out of the parking lot it was noted that the same manager got in a truck that had Paul Turner stickers on the doors, LOL.

Soon I plan to have pictures of posters Bill has had scribbled that claim he's a water guru. Ridiculous. I have to buy water to make coffee. The water out of the tap smells like an over chlorinated swimming pool with other chemicals present as well. Downright nasty. And at times I replace my underwear beacuse Bill Williams supposed improved water system turns brown periodically therefore turning my undies that color. I believe there may be a potential country song about this problem. Oh yes, if you see Bill, make sure he reads this post. I'd like to challenge him to a "celebrity" boxing match with all proceeds going to city improvements. Don't get too excited folks. If by a slim chance this exhibition took place, it'd be over early in the first round. Is my opinion clear or am I tooooooo wishy-washy?

Please remember, this is MY site. You can comment all you want and the email address is cybersouth@gmail.com. Please, no harsh vulgar rants. We should all be politically aware. So politics will come up from time to time. I just don't want this site to be a political forum. Besides, this is NOT a forum period.

"The history of American politics is littered with bodies of people who took so pure a position that they had no clout at all."
~Ben C. Bradlee

No comments: