Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

The Great Fred's Dollar Store Parking Lot Tragedy

The tech world is newsworthy today. Microsoft is laying off, there's a rumor Apple is trying to buy Twitter for 700 million (my vote is NO! Nix! NYet!) and the internet is buzzing about the Windows 7 Release Candidate. Seems many people are discovering hardware issues when trying to run the XP-emulation. vununet.com labs blog has more detailed info. Craigslist is catching flack about sex ads again and there's some new "player" called Kindle making a stir in the web cauldron. Will let you know more as info comes in. Wonder if we will now become Kindlers? It may be old news for all I know.

Did a test drive yesterday that went okay. One exception. There was almost a pain blackout as I lifted my right arm to avoid the steering wheel when exiting the beach house truck at Fred's Dollar Store. That mistake won't occur again. As I groaned and moaned the elderly lady in the SUV next to me rolled up the window and locked the doors. Gosh, I feel so stupid. No doubt I have been up and down ladders at least 10,000 times and this is my first semi-serious injury. Going to doctor in a few days. Please exercise patience with me because mine is wearing thin. I hate this not being able to tie my own shoes without wincing and crying like a girlyman. Arrrgghhh (sob, sob)!

"How poor are they that have not patience!
What wound did ever heal but by degrees?
"
~William Shakespeare, Othello, 1604

No comments: