Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Wiki Warnings

Guildwiki will put spyware on you PC. Don't argue with me about this matter. You cannot win. They are using junk like doubleclick, adclick, tribalfusion, etc. So is Pvxwiki. I really don't want anyone defending these sites. It really disappoints me that they have resorted to such a low-life form of gaining money. BTW, they have been doing this for quite some time. If you need to use them at all costs then I highly recommend major scans after each visit. Yes, I know it's hard to get away from the "builds." I am seeking other avenues for info and support. Will keep you posted.

Gotta run. Rebuilding a server from scratch and hoping that the backup will restore properly. Efficient group of people where this occurred so it may be just a matter of time formatting SCSI, waiting on parts, etc. No doubt my day is full. Everyone stay casual and if you are local, drive carefully in the rain today. Peace out!

"Sometimes the littlest things in life are hard to take. You can sit on a mountain top more comfortably than on a nail."
~D.N Jennings

No comments: