Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Thursday, March 05, 2009

Super Phone Call, Not So Super Phone & Great Buys!

Got a phone call from Verdana/Kristi last night. She was in good spirits. The baby is fine and Mother is experiencing some discomfort, but like I said in good spirits. Hey, she just had a baby last week! They have been up at night since Riley has decided that's the best time to eat. It will pass. When Verdana was that age she did the same thing. Glad she has a good support team around her. Daddy Uncle Snake and his mother-in-law (my ex) have been most helpful and Verdana bragged about it. Mal seems to be on the road to accepting little sister which is good. Less than two years difference in their ages will likely make them great friends. I think all this is so kewl!

Speaking of phone calls, my dependable Razr, age 4, is on its last leg. Am switching it out with the spare this morning. Missed phone calls are horrible. Anyone have models to suggest? Sure could use some advice. I really want a Razr V9, but it is out of my price range. Using AT&T as carrier so the variety of phone types is numerous. Still want that V9. Any advice, websites, ideas will be most welcome. TY out to Beagle, Verdana and Mudslingr for keeping me phoned up during the past years. You guys have really helped my big fingered, not able to text, bluetooth earset dependent, lardbutt stay connected. Grasshoppa says, "Bluetooth earsets look like plastic cockroaches." LOL.

Oh yeh, Mudslingr has a nice pair of Nvidia 7 series video cards for sale. He also has two 8 port switches, one which is a DLink that's like new. Very reasonable prices. Ashby dropped off a pair of Nvidia 7900s at the beach house. They are for sale too. Mud also has a server for sale at a reasonable price. He recently upgraded his network and I know the condition of all this equipment is top notch. These guys are geeks and us nerds take care of our equipment. Again, the prices are really reasonable. Comment or email me. Now if I can just get back on track about taking care of the beach house with that 'geek care' attitude.

Enjoy Thursday. Local weather is awesome. Spring is here me hopes. Just think tomorrow will be Friday. That always means there's only 2 more days to work this week!

"Recommend virtue to your children; it alone, not money, can make them happy. I speak from experience."
~Ludwig van Beethoven

No comments: