Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Can a Ouija Board Be Far Away?


It's late, I am tired. Just found out I have to work tomorrow. That means I might as well look into one of those magic eight balls to get a close answer about when my new desktop will be online. Forgot to mention that I lost my Linux machine that same day. Actually talked to Forest at 5:00AM this morning and rushed over to get some badly needed parts she is loaning me. Came home, got out of the heat, finally ate some real food and proceeded to relax. Then it happened.

Step by step, inch by inch, closer and closer it came! Then there it was, standing before me grinning its smug grin. No more Sunday to build a desktop PC running XP Pro. Or the other one that will run Vista Ultimate. Or refurbishing my Linux Ubuntu (or Kubuntu) machine that somehow took a hit through an APC. Now the Sunday agenda is service call. Duty calls, therefore I answer. Oh well, didn't have the coinage to buy the beer it takes to assemble a decent machine anyway.

Life's still good. It'd be a damn sight better with mo' money! Actually more work would be a better answer. So tomorrow it's gonna' be a great hiho day. I hope. Later.

"A silly idea is current that good people do not know what temptation means. This is an obvious lie. Only those who try to resist temptation know how strong it is.... A man who gives in to temptation after five minutes simply does not know what it would have been like an hour later. That is why bad people, in one sense, know very little about badness. They have lived a sheltered life by always giving in."
~C.S. Lewis

No comments: