Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Monday, May 10, 2010

Played 5 Times in a Row

There is no doubt that Jeff Beck is one of the world's greatest guitar players. He moves my soul with this rendition of one of the greatest songs ever written. It's as if the Fender Strat has been plugged into his heart connecting his soul to the instrument. Such an awesome performance. Nice to see he's still around, in great form and honors our Lord with this outstanding performance. The guitar is the lead and singers are the background. Beautiful switch. Thanks Ashy for the email. Yes, there were tears in my eyes...



He's not related to the musical group Beck (the front man and leader is named Bek David Campell). Mr. Campbell is from California and Jeff Beck is from England. BTW, even though I love this song it's not on the list to be played at my funeral. I think it honors the living, struggling world of today, yesterday and tomorrow. If they don't put me in a tow sack (burlap bag) and throw me in a hole songs should be played that urge folks to live life to the fullest and humble yourself before God.

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."
~Erma Bombeck

2 comments:

beagle said...

Another great music choice and also HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Grasshoppa said...

yeah. great song and Happy Birthday my brutha!