Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

It's a Benchwork Kind of Day

Advice time. If you have an ear infection and it alters your sense of balance, stay off ladders.After a crash off an eight foot ladder the welt on my back and arm are very sore today. Finished the job without complaining and was alone so no one was handy to laugh at my big fat buffoon butt. Of course the ladder came down with me and I landed in the middle of several tool boxes and my roll around cart. After resting sporadically last night I am aching and the ear infection has not subsided. Things like this have to happen occasionally to remind me that the age of 18 is long gone. Thank goodness nothing was broken. Don't get me wrong it is even uncomfortable to wear a shirt. Hopefully, everything will return to normal after a day's rest. Didn't hurt so much last night, but it's not even possible to lean back in a chair today. Fellow worker that just built a cabinet for a cable, phone and network head-in that is my current field project said he had this mess over the weekend. He stayed off ladders. Sometimes I feel so stupid.

It's not a big deal, but this ear infection thangy is making rounds, so be careful. You might want to curb driving too. Have a casual day and I'll return to the grind tomorrow.

"We never really know what stupidity is until we have experimented on ourselves."
~Paul Gauguin

No comments: