Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Don't Cancel Sarah Connor Chronicles!

Just caught up on Terminator The Sarah Connor Chronicles at Hulu Then I found out they are canceling it! Granted, when this show first hit the airwaves I thought it was just another knock off that would be unpolished, underwritten and last minute filler for a new season. Try 180 degrees of that description and you have this show. It's great. It's awesome. It's stupendous. Of course the theme is Sarah Connor protecting her son John, who is now in his late teens, from the evil SkyNet. It very much follows a lot of the storyline setup by the three blockbuster movies. The plots are grand and very well written. The acting is superb. The person responsible for casting the characters deserves an Emmy hands down.

Fox had this show on opposite The Big Bang Theory (CBS) and Chuck (NBC) on Mondays. They moved it to Friday which is a great night for it. Remember, the original Star Trek was moved to Friday nights. There has to be a way to stop this silly notion to end a great Sci-Fi series. TV doesn't have that much to offer and it certainly airs a bunch of garbage concerning Sci-Fi. I grew up reading Science Fiction and it played a major part in sparking my interest in all things technical. Had my math skills been stronger (or if my concentration had been on said studies) there's no doubt I'd probably work for NASA or one of their cohorts. Yes, my childhood dream was to be a real rocket scientist.

Anyway things didn't turn out that way. Still, it is great fun to follow this genre. It gives me enormous escape for a precious few minutes and it has been a stress relief to have a few programs that spark my interest and imagination. My sole purpose to buy an HDTV antenna has been to enable reception for FoxTV. If they cancel this show I may not even waste the money. Many things have been done to cut back on spending the past few months and downgrading cable service to just internet was one of them. Really a cruncher after having digital cable for 6 years. So there is pursuit to find ways to voice an opinion or opinions about this show staying on the air.

It may not mean much to you, but I am passionate about it. I agree with Dave Barry when he said, "What I look forward to is continued immaturity followed by death."

"My problem with chess was that all my pieces wanted to end the game as soon as possible."
~Dave Barry

No comments: