Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Wild Animals and the Beach House

It amazes me that discussion about a change on the internet that takes up 1/4 of your homepage (I think needlessly) receives no comments for days. Then you mention a poor old dead possum and everyone has something to say. Go figure. All I know is that I am looking forward to the offspring of Arnold showing up soon so there will be something to write about that interests everyone. Believe me when I say the veranda light is on and I will go look out the window if a noise is heard. Only saw Arnold's (Opossumus Germanicus Austriabodicus) possum wife or girlfriend a few times and she was large for a Mississippi marsupial too. So we may have an army show up if Arnold was as much a lover as a fighter. Only time will tell.

The next battle of the southwest corner of the garage will take place this weekend. That ugly smelly thing that lives in the shadows has to go. It at least keeps the trespassing kids out of the yard and I certainly don't worry about anything being stolen. It is a mess out there. Remember the scenes in the old Tarzan movies where the occasional safari would find the elephant graveyard? Bones and carcasses scattered everywhere on the ground. Well the floor of my garage is a computer graveyard with metal carcasses scattered about the concrete. This has to change. Volunteers being accepted and tickets may be sold. The outside of this computer cemetery needs painting too. The "festivities" will start immediately after the housecleaning ceases. My kingdom for a domestic engineer! Somewhere in there a computer needs building. Wish me luck.

"I'm not going to vacuum until Sears makes one you can ride on."
~Roseanne Barr

No comments: