Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Arnold

No comments the past few days. Therefore the iGoogle controversy is shelved. I have received several emails inquiring about Arnold (Opossumus Germanicus Austriabodicus). He hasn't visited in quite some time. The life span of a possum in the wild is 2 to 4 years according to Wikipedia. A key word in their lifespan description is senescence, which basically means they grow old quickly. Since I have been writing about Arnold for over 5 years this information leads me to fear the worst. He was an annoyance at times, but also a source of great humor. Never forget someone calling from their car while parked in the driveway. Wouldn't get out because a small pony had just climbed the oak tree in the front yard. It was Arnold. He was huge for a possum.

So we should let Arnold R.I.P. and hope he has a son or daughter that will take up his duty of terrorizing the neighborhood animals, turning over grills and raging against the green garbage dumpster container thangy. Ah, it's a sad day at the beach house.

"I have been studying the traits and dispositions of the "lower animals" (so called) and contrasting them with the traits and dispositions of man. I find the result humiliating to me."
~Mark Twain, Letters from the Earth, 1907

No comments: