Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Wally World News

Did you know that Wal-Mart expects to have only 1% increase in profits this month? Let's see, a multi-billion dollar company that's whining about "only" a 1% increase? Think if they slash gas prices at their pumps that figure might go up? Since Murphy Oil supplies their stations and is located in Arkansas this is actually a good place to buy fuel. Get that yellow dot dude out there around the gasoline and oil cans to do some rolling back! That might bring folks back to their checkout counters.

I don't like shopping there. My aversion to crowds makes me find other sources of retail trade. Yet, I endure it on occasion. If the evil children that live there come out to play when I enter, then the exit is promptly used. Anyway, Bloomberg has the story.

"Anyone who thinks the art of conversation is dead ought to tell a child to go to bed."
~Robert Gallagher

No comments: