Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Quickbooks and Peachtree...YUCK!

If anyone knows of a freeware program that will change the Admin password in Quickbooks Pro, please contact me. There are literally thousands for sale out there and Intuit, the parent company of Quickbooks, is confusing and hateful. Kissing a Tasmanian Devil on the lips with tongue would be more pleasant. I will include this utility on this site as a link for EVERYONE to use. I don't think it's illegal. My legitimate client cannot bill until this password is overcome. Seems a malicious act locked down the program when an employee left. This is a nightmare. Now on to another hellish dreamscape.


Also, I am so close to finishing the data recovery project. My desperation is to the point that I'll purchase a legitimate copy of Veritas BackUp Exec 9.0 at a reasonable price. 9.0 is an older version of this program and I have the 8.0 version which has helped. I have actually created the scenario, damage and all, on one of my servers so the original PowerEdge server that needs the repair won't receive any further voodoo. This stems from a Peachtree DOS version on a W2K Small Business Server and ALL client machines are XP Pro. FYI, there is no DOS included in W2K or XP. They do include an "emulation." Be sure and have your clients upgrade to the Windows versions of software and do away with all DOS applications. If they are using tape backup throw this trash out too. They are worthless. Go with external hard drives. If anyone has had experience with such a situation and will share info, I'll dance at your next wedding, publicly grovel at your feet, howl at the moon with you, definitely cry tears of joy and probably have a complete mental and emotional breakdown afterwards. Hey, I'm almost there anyway. Hep me! Hep me!

Both of these scenarios include clients that are nice and polite. They deserve better. Nobody is growling, but enough is enough. Please, I need suggestions and am openly asking for advice.

“One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important.”
~Bertrand Russell

No comments: