Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Saturday, June 07, 2008

Lookout Ethel! Elvis is About to Run Over Us!

Elvis Fest is happening this weekend. No bad feelings towards the "king" or anything, but I will try not to leave the beach house this weekend. No, no there will not be attendance to the Elvis impersonator contest. Nor will there be a viewing of his 1976 Lincoln driven down here from Graceland. There may be a walk to the corner market since brown sugar for barbeque beans is needed. I can see it from the veranda. Anyway, traffic will be crazy. Nice that Elvis is being honored by hometown folk though. This will be a good day to wear the Elvis/Sun Records shirt my brother blessed me with on this last birthday.

When you get right down to it - I'm just a hunka' hunka' burning homebody. Later, y'all.

“When things go wrong don't go with them.”
~E. Presley

No comments: