Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Friday, June 13, 2008

Interesting Email

Received the following email:

Think of this man as Comander & Chief... I hope you can not!

Obama 'explains'
I sure hope this gets around before Nov.!!!

On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 18:48:04 -0400, 'LTG Bill Ginn' USAF ret. forwarded the following:

Hot on the heels of his explanation for why he no longer wears a flag pin, presidential candidate Senator Barack Obama was forced to explain why he doesn't follow protocol when the National Anthem is played.

According to the United States Code, Title 36, Chapter 10, Sec. 171,
During rendition of the national anthem when the flag is displayed, all present except those in uniform are expected to stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart.

'As I've said about the flag pin, I don't want to be perceived as taking sides,' Obama said. 'There are a lot of people in the world to whom the American flag is a symbol of oppression. And the anthem itself conveys a war-like message. You know, the bombs bursting in air and all. It should be swapped for something less parochial and less bellicose. I like the song 'I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing.' If that were our anthem, then I might salute it.'

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, this could possibly be our next president!!
I, for once, am speechless. He has absolutely NO pride in this country!!!!!
This is outrageous!!!! He doesn't deserve to be dogcatcher!!!
(Oh, sorry dogcatchers, I mean you no disrespect.)
LET'S SEND THIS CLOWN DOWN THE ROAD KICKING ROCKS!!!!


Chances are you received this email too. It's worth repeating because Senator Obama seems to constantly change his stance and opinions. We don't need a wishy washy inexperienced wannabe in the White House. A good friend of mine has even received threats due to his active anti-Obama campaigning. Regarding such attempts at intimidation, dissenters please take note. This is my page. These are my opinions. I will not serve the liberal press fools nor will I abide the fanatical ravings of the village idiots that support this "candidate." My time in service of my country and the wounds carried evoke a special need to warn that this coming election is serious business. All of my friends that are Democrats have assured me they will do the right thing and crossover to support Senator McCain. Please don't clutter comments with negative lunatic rhetoric. Use email. My address is cyberouth@gmail.com. Threats? Are you sure you want to abuse a veteran that spent 2 years in Vietnam? Coercion be damned. Let's actively support Senator McCain and save our country.

Thanks out to TMW for the forward!

"The government gives them the drugs, builds bigger prisons, passes a three-strike law and then wants us to sing 'God Bless America.' No, no, no, God d*mn America, that's in the Bible for killing innocent people. God d*mn America for treating our citizens as less than human."
~Jeremiah Wright (Obama's spiritual leader and advisor for 20 years)

No comments: