Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

There's More Than a Cheeseburger in Paradise

The Alabama Gulf Coast is blessed with many fine eateries and Lulu's is guaranteed to make you sit back and enjoy life for a while. It's located just off Alabama Highway 59 at the Intracoastal Waterway and Homeport Marina. Being Jimmy Buffett's sister doesn't hurt her ability to entertain. My youngest daughter and her family presented this awesome cookbook to me for Father's Day. It is full of witty stories and has some fantastic recipes. Anyone that likes good food should jump on this handsome volume. Crank up some shrimpboat rock and have a refreshing beverage while navigating a great treasure. Wow, a Guild Wars Droks T-shirt and now a great map to my staying a lardbutt, lol. My daughters and their families are the best. Thanks! Oh yeh, get the cookbook at Crazy Sista Cooking.

"But living in the briar patch ain't what it appears
Sooner or later you've got to face your fears
I heard it from the parrot verbalizing in the tree
I heard in the songline of the aborigine"

~Jimmy Buffett, Off to See the Lizard

No comments: