Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Friday, August 03, 2007

Warning, Contains Profanity. Yes It's About Spyware, But the Last Part is Good

What do I have to do to convince people that spyware is the damned evil tool of Satan and his minions when it comes to the internet?!?!?!?!?!?!? Hold you down and and bang a hole in your head then pour in all the articles written about this garbage? Oh hell, here I go again. Try this one from last year that talks about that creepy myspace - MSNBC. Here's another from...LAST YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Spyware targets MySpace. Or how about something from the WashingtonPost? Let's see, this was from when? July of last year? Damn it folks this is not new news!!!!!!!! Now, if you know how to Google (if you don't then leave this site and don't ever come back) you can go read the other 1.9 million or so articles about this problem and "MySpace" then please, oh yes puh-lease come to me and be in a state of wonder and awe concerning the weird actions of your PC amazed that it doesn't function properly. My attitude will remain the same, well duh!!! And this is only the MySpace jerks.

Okay, this site has been here for over four years. Early on it was mentioned to help people understand that Yahoo, with their cute little yodeling ads, is yet another tool of the devil. Claria, which probably has the major gate to hell located somewhere on their property, brags about how Yahoo produces 33% of their business. These horses' asses sue people like me for calling them spyware and declare they are only adware. Damn it all, their souls are lost to hell, and this trash is all the same!!!!! Why does the damned government let these jerks stay in business? Why do YOU!?!?!?!?!??!?!??!? Spyware, thiefware, malware, adware, garbageware, creepware, shitware!!! Any way I am getting through to anyone out there? Hello? Hello?!? HELLO!?!?!?!?!???!?

Four AM. I am trying to remove some of this junk from a PC and it's becoming clear to me that this battle cannot be won. The computer needs to be formatted and completely redone. People, I have better things to do. I could be volunteering at church to help the truly needy and praying that the Good Lord will help me curb my use of profanity. I'd love to revamp this site and post tutorials about how to install great programs like SpyBot S&D or Spywareblaster. My garage needs cleaning. I want to visit my Mother. I'd like to see my granddaughters. Yet I am up at almost the witching hour in combat with spyware assholes that need to be gut shot and left to die a painful death. This poor old horse has been beaten to death sooooo many times. Honestly, the beach house can't take too much more.

There are companies in the local area that are better equipped to unass this junk from a machine. They have tools that I cannot afford. Their abilities far exceed that of a home user and can correct such problems at times without data loss. Do you have any idea how long it takes to clean an infected registry with regedit? Sometimes it takes hours and hours. If you leave a machine infected and don't do updates this is a perfect breeding ground for the bad guys. So when you are asked to pay the bill don't act offended. Just keep this thought in mind; you left your machine unprotected, visited sites using your hands or let some other household member do this and you do not have the ability to correct the problems. So smile, pay your bill and take heed of the tech's advice.

Enough profanity and raving. I am going to take some anti-anxiety medication and return to bed. My blood pressure does not need this frustration. Does anyone have a non-computer related job that needs filling? Preferably something with physical activity. I can mow, trim hedges, wash cars, pick up cans on the side of the road or open and close doors. Think a roll-around taco stand will be a good venture? Gee, golly, then I can practice my Spanish. There are worse occupations you know...you can be in the computer biz.

After all this negativity and my constant stress about the spyware problem, let me make amends and pass along 5 minutes or so of pure beauty. This helps me leave this necessary post with a better attitude. Just click on the play button and be overwhelmed by a gorgeous live performance. She touches my heart.



"Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory."
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments: