Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Shoes

Sometimes we just have to stop and be thankful. As I mowed another 1/4 of the backyard this morning my thoughts wandered. I stopped and realized that my push mower was relatively new and a good one. When it was purchased I felt like $300.00 was too much for a push mower that didn't even have the automatic wheely thangy pully aroundy device. Didn't want that because they go too slow. The riding lawn mower was in fine working order at that time. But now it's realized that God looked down and said something like 'let me help lardbutt (don't think God would call someone a lardass, but if he does that's certainly fine by me) make the right decision here since he'll really need this mower in a few years.'



Then I thought about the horrible way I've been feeling and after a lengthy open discussion with one of my doctors last week my strength is returning and things are being accomplished. My yard is too large to mow in one fell swoop with a push mower, but at least it's being accomplished. Lot of other projects abound, but with the aid of a few good friends that have come forth and volunteered to help, the beach house is returning to its former state of casualness. God is good to me. And weight is being lost too.

Yep, I can hear Elvis (or Malcolm Reynolds) saying, "Be glad for what you have instead of wishing for that which will do you no good." Nice to start a day with a sense of accomplishment. Nice to start a day...

“Don't criticize what you don't understand, son. You never walked in that man's shoes.”
~E. Presley

No comments: