Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Mr. Gershwin and Heyward Forgive Me, But the Summertime Aria Ain't Gettin' It Done Today

Mercy and My, My! If you put eggs in the water bucket on the veranda, they'd at least poach n might even hard boil. Wanted to put some beast on the grill this morning, but that's an idea for another day. Just hope I don't pass out as I run to the truck to make a trip to the grocer. There will be no ice cream bought today. It'd melt before you got it in the truck. Wait, an ice chest may be a good idea. Nah the ice will just evaporate. Shoes are mandatory if traveling today. If you have a flat and remember there may be a walk on asphalt...



Hope the truck air conditioning holds out. If I am not here rambling on tomorrow, just look for the red truck on the side of the road with old lardgut laid out hammer dead from heat stroke. Anyone picking up on the idea that it's summertime in the Deep South? Yes, where the livin' ain't easy and the chicken is greasy. Catfish aren't jumpin', they're stompin' up and down levees everywhere wanting an ice supplement in their ponds. The cotton might have been high yesterday, but it's for damn sure wilted today. And hush little baby don't you cry. Lord does Ms. Ella move me. She's about as awesome as it gets.

Gotta go. Time to sprint for the truck. Later...I hope.

"If there ain't no sunshine when she's gone, I wish she'd took her ass on outta here yesterday."
Ashby Rhett Culpepper, III, Esq., Jr. (when asked about today's weather)

No comments: