Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Music Truly Moves the Soul

Works days are still long and fun. Playing catch up is surely coming to a close. The past few months have been difficult and getting through all of it has been very tough at times. God in Heaven has blessed me with friends that have such great timing. An injection of hope here, a bright light there, constant encouragement, a continuing bolster of the ego and patience in listening are such great things to have and experience. Truly, I am a blessed man with many friends and a great family. No man on earth could ever have felt the joy and delight of my two daughters, IMHO, the best ever! My heart sings happy melodies.

Why so melancholy and reflective? I've been listening to Todd Rundgren and Warren Zevon. Ever heard Tenderness on the Block? Mr. Zevon, I'd like to think, wrote this song for me. If you love your daughter/daughters and listen to this song without a tear then please seek therapy. And hey, what can I say about Todd? A Wizard a True Star is in the all time top five of Dock's favorite's. His Something/Anything album has one of the most moving ballads I've ever heard - It Wouldn't Have Made Any Difference. It's all about forlorn love and recovery. No, she doesn't read this page. Don't let the dates fool you. This is some of the best engineering ever! Interesting note; Mr. Rundgren plays all the instruments and sings all the vocals. Awesome.

Have a most casual day and listen to a great old favorite today. Or try one of the above. Outta' here and loving my job!

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all art and science."
-Albert Einstein

No comments: