Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Battle of the Saltillo Ditch

After working in the yard yesterday I am sore. Need to do it again today. The majority of mowing was done with one minor mishap. Mudslingr said my mowing reminded him of an elephant riding a turtle. My small, compact riding mower is green and a GOP fan here, so no offense is taken. Somehow the reverse gear stuck and I backed it off in a ditch. While pinned under the the mower down in the ditch the humor of it all overwhelmed me and my mind's eye was broadcasting pictures of my predicament. After a fit of laughing and realizing this might go unseen the mower was finally lifted enough to unpin my leg. It still tickles me to think of how stupid things can surround me, especially when alone.

The new Sony z520a cell phone is pretty dad-gumm awesome. After answering calls and no one saying anything it was finally realized the wrong button was being pushed and the phone was sending busy signals. Well, duh? RTFM. And after reading the manual it was discovered that the reception is steady and clear. It has a camera n other goodies. Beagle programmed it with neat pictures and a bunch of Jimmy Buffett, Beatles, etc. ringtones. Talk time is 9 hours and standby is over 500 hours. At first it seemed the buttons were small for my hands, but that has disappeared after a few days of use. So far it's a go. It feels solid and should hold up. Just hope Sony didn't put a root kit in it, LOL.

It was brought to my attention that Windows and Gates have taken a beating in here due to the stopping support of Windows 98,etc. Some things they do are a bit iffy. Please understand that I realize Bill Gates made it possible for us to afford decent machines. Left to a world of Steve Jobs we'd be using 2 year old technology and basic machines would cost a small fortune. So yes, a Windows fan here. And maybe a bit too hard on Apple users when it's just a few that rant and rave. I stand corrected.

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
-Shaw

No comments: