Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Yes dear, I had a pet dinosaur

Taking the day off, well sorta'. Three computers need to be built and there's a chance they may see life today. Have to finish a machine for a local musician. This is being done in concert (get it? a play on wurds, lol) with a fellow tech. It awaits a 5.1 sound card. Another machine is being resurrected from two junked PCs and the third one is a FreeBSD machine. The last one will be fun!

So even though it's my birthday, all this awaits me and somehow yard mowing has to be worked into the schedule. No matter. As old as I am (I actually watched while dirt was being made) the day's attitude is MOST casual. Best laid plans of mice n men are subject to go awry and the cell phone is on 24/7 in case of emergencies. Thank God for this long wonderful life and its many blessings. Thank God for the possibility that work may interfere with plans. Really do love my job.

Now, it's time to refill that half full coffee cup!

“If wrinkles must be written upon our brows, let them not be written upon the heart. The spirit should not grow old.”
James A. Garfield

No comments: