Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Cinco de Mayo

Took a coupla' days and caught up on some unfinished things haunting me. Cooked burgers yesterday, visited with old friends and met new ones. Good time was had by all. Think that is the first time in a very long time I missed posting two days in a row.

Don't forget this weekend is Mother's Day. Still trying to avoid enough work to make a trip up there, but it doesn't look hopeful. May go the following Sunday. Love to visit Mother, but care NOTHING about anything 5 minutes north of Walls and Horn Lake.

Let's face it, Memphis just plain sucks. As a child I remember that town being clean, safe, friendly and folks were polite. Now you can't go anywhere without some kind of crime going on. Years ago I was doing contract labor for a dude on the MPD. He asked me one day if I was packing. I answered, "How is a Mississippi boy supposed to answer that being across the state line and all?" He said, "You better answer yes! This town is dangerous." Well, I was - Glock 10mm with 3 extra 15 round clips. MPD dude was impressed and my mental credibility went up in his mind.

Bleeding heart woosie liberals can take gun control and shove it. Defend yourself! It's not against the law and it certainly isn't a sin. Now there's a 'revolutionary' concept with which to embrace this 5th day of May!

"You can lead a man to Congress, but you can't make him think."
-Milton Berle

No comments: