Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Saturday, March 27, 2004

A device I really love/hate

Up since 4:30am fighting with my telco cable modem trying to acquire enough upload speed to perform some routine maintenance. AVG sorely needs updating. After 9 sign ons at 16.8 upload speed, I gave up and did something "really" constructive; watched the Weather Channel for a while. Then, after plugging in my external dial up modem and ready to regress, I decided to try one more time. Finally a 24 upload.

This is the bare minimum required to perform normal tasks such as windows critical updates, virus definition updates, etc. I've completely given up on any HTML changes here. Hmmmm, is it wrong to want do this at home instead of the office? I think not.

Please bear with me as changes come about slowly. All that work last year to gain the ability to post pictures is now negated by slow upload (that was money pissed into the wind). This problem started a few months ago and just won't go away. First the slower upload speeds and now if you turn your back while online the connection is terminated. This is a new nuisance that is most frustrating.

Okay, this is whining. Yes, turbo whining that is approaching warpwhine. It is still believed the polite, positive customer service representatives, field techs and management at Vista III Media are doing their best to bring this area into the 21st century of internet capability. They deserve some consideration because they are well mannered if nothing else. Manners are so important in this rude, crude world today.

Anyway, I've named my General Instruments SURFboard Model SB3100D telco cable modem. It's proper name is now Beelzebub and I chant 'get thee out Satan, you Lord of the Flies!' when entering this room. Hope that Vista III Media will let me purchase this device when they bring two way to the beach house. Pictures will be posted of the exorcism that will be performed with the help of Mr. Ruger. Now it's time to take my medication...

"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms."
-Blaise Pascal

No comments: