Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Tuesday, March 30, 2004

Dark Side of the Force and COMCAST

Spybot Search & Destroy is slow or timing out. AVG update is still spotty. Ad-Aware is still downloading at a normal speed. Don't know the reasons behind these problems, but will post as soon as something is known. Please, keep trying to download updates. They are NECESSARY.

It is official. Leo Laporte has left The Screensavers as a host over at TechTV. Lisa, the Laundry Witch and I roadtripped to Birmingham, Alabama, not quite two years ago to meet Leo and Megan Morrone. They were signing books, etc. and very cordial. Nice people. Yet, Leo's current rage at Microsoft and his constant chatter about Apple have actually made me turn off TechTV on several occasions. He still hosts Call for Help and it's now an Apple show instead of Windows. He offends 90% of the market with this attitude. I'll opt for the more Windows friendly Kevin Rose and Patrick Norton. Sorry Leo, it saddens me that you have become Lord of AppleSith under the guidance of Darth Jobs.

Along the same line, COMCAST has purchased TechTV. This bothers me some, but I'll reserve opinion until they have had a chance to "drive the train" for a while. COMCAST of Tupelo (where COMCAST originated) service is now handled out of Huntsville and Tuscaloosa and they are rude and crude. Downright ill-mannered. If you have to call and a Renee person answers, hang up immediately! I think she is in league with the devil. Sad to see a once customer oriented company become so backwards. Brian Roberts, if you read this call me, we'll chat about your rude employees. I'm in the phone book.

"Use the force Leo, resist Darth Jobs!"
-Billy Wobblynife

No comments: