Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Friday, January 16, 2004

Sweet Dreams and Nightmares

Ever been to the Harley-Davidson site? They have a neat utility where you can select a picture of a bike and put different color schemes on it. This a very well organized site and has neat features. Go take a look. I've always wanted a Hawg. Here's another Harley site, Bumpus Harley-Davidson. Just sitting and dreaming about bikes and thought I'd pass this info along. Hey, like the Japanese bikes too. Never owned a Harley but have had several Hondas and one Yamaha - all good bikes. Sometimes I think about A1A and Key West via Harley. Wow, what a concept.

Like to thank my Tishomingo County Faction for their support yesterday in the comments. I needed a lift. Working on a network problem that snagged my lunch and ate every bit of it!! Had to even call in a competitor and the problems are still not resolved. Talk about egg on the face! LOL

Let me just say this, UPDATE YOUR ANTI VIRUS SOFTWARE! If you are not using SpyBot DOWNLOAD IT NOW, then immediately do the updates!!!! There's a nasty Trojan of sorts going around and some jerks have created a piece of barnyard material spyware that will actually alter the DNS settings on your machine. This is nasty stuff!! Please read the tutorial on SpyBot and be sure and Immunize. Get Adaware too. There are links posted for both. If you don't protect your computing environment you WILL have these problems. If you are running WEATHERBUG, Precision Time, etc., you are infected with spyware. Anything Gator, Gain, CMES III, GME, Claria is akin to Satan. They recently sued a site for calling them spyware and they are assholes to the nth degree. So sue me! You can't get blood from a turnip! If someone goes 'Postal' I hope it's on these folks! Anyway, some day I'll loosen up and tell you my true feelings about these dolts. As I gather information about this newest malady I will post it.

Time to hit the road and daydream of Harleys. Isn't it amazing what we do to alleviate stress?

"When dealing with the insane, the best method is to pretend to be sane."
Hermann Hesse (1877 - 1962)

No comments: