Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Thursday, January 08, 2004

Popups need to be stoppedup

Okay, let's see, at the top of this site is the title and below that is a description that says "raves and rants from a Misssissippi nerd" so on and so forth, ya da ya da. That basically tells you that this site is not a forum. While this is true, the comments section is a bit different. I absolutely cannot erase comments. I cannot alter comments, including my own. So even though the posts are mine, let me clarify that comments are not. I cannot be responsible for what is said there. Also let me throw in the fact that comments cannot be traced unless you include your email and/or website address. Look, anyone that has visited here frequently knows that it's not my intention to agree with everyone. If you are a thinned skinned democrat, liberal, member of the aclu or riaa, etc. and can't understand that I'm just another human espousing opinions then my sincerest regrets and no apology. It is a public blog and wide open for anyone on the planet to read. Yes, sorta soap-boxy. That said let's go on to other thangys and not dwell on my silly whimpering.

There is a popup that shows up when you click on the 'driverguide' button. I am going to investigate this and if it can't be corrected I'll kill the link. Popups suck! I will not allow them here. After you get to a site and start browsing that's different; to each his own. But, I will not allow anyone to link here that has popups on their opening page. That's about as cheesy as it gets. Thanks for the tip Redrum! AnalogX has an awesome popup killer called POW. It's under the network category and I've had nothing but good reports concerning this neat utility. Normally I despise explorer toolbars. That Yahoo thangy takes forever to load and slows down surfing. If you are using My Search or My Web explorer toolbars, congratulations! You've infected your browser with spyware and it is reporting every move you make on the internet to various nasties!! The Google toolbar is different. It has an awesome popup killer/blocker that requires very little set up. It also keeps several handy tools available. Google Toolbar. Before the critics chime in and tell me I've mentioned this before, hey, I am aware! Hope my repetition helps someone download one of these super utilities and it eliminates these annoying pests.

It's cold in the Deep South. Ahhhh, Spring is just around the corner.

"Any reviewer who expresses rage and loathing for a novel is preposterous. He or she is like a person who has put on full armor and attacked a hot fudge sundae."
-Kurt Vonnegut (1922 - )



No comments: