Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Thursday, January 29, 2004

Happy, happy, joy, joy!

After several days of fighting the battle of kidneystone hill the pain has finally dropped down to a livable level. I wish this pain only on my worst enemies, Osama and his boys and anyone associated with the RIAA. I was forewarned last week to take some days off and recuperate. Work should have waited, but doing the right thing is not always the road travelled. Gosh, golly, gee! I do feel better.

I read a book. It's about the South Beach Diet. They have a plan that is closer to my way of thinking. Low carb, with a period of induction and life maintenance thereafter. They do not limit the vegetables as much and permit coffee! Okay, now you know why I am giving the Atkins books away. All in all, I don't think a diet that includes this much meat and eggs can be that healthy. A short period may be helpful, but I just think some rice, pasta , etc. is acceptable in controlled portions. Besides, I just don't like eggs that much.

Am working on a PC that should have been returned Tuesday evening. It's not liking the upgrade being performed. Also have another machine that is not happy about network adapter insertion. It's a Windows 98 machine and won't accept a Kingston or Intel NIC. Well, I have one 3Com 905 card left and if it won't see this card then it needs to be trashed! The 905 cards are awesome. Must go and 'get right down to it'. Have some new links I'll try and post in the next day or two. Y'all have a great Thursday!

"Never moon a werewolf."
-Mike Binder

No comments: