Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Monday, April 19, 2010

It's Only Rock n' Roll, and I Like It!

No doubt these guys are having a good time. Everyone takes a lead. Derek Trucks (blond head dude) is great, Doyle Bramhall (dark head left handed cat) breaks down the boogie, Steve Winwood is awesome (remember, his #1 instruments are keyboards not guitar) and stick around to the end when Clapton shows them all how it's done. Thank the Good Lord that Clapton overcame all the grief, drugging and drinking and survives today to play so many wonderful tunes. Turn it up!



Told you it was worth sticking to the end. They all rock, but Clapton is THE MAN!

"Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music."
~Ronald Reagan

Sidebar: Folks, I am having a rough time, no use denying it. I've tried to stop talking about the recent fire devastation. Please pray for me. This is one of the toughest uphill battles yet encountered. David G. sent an email that lifted my spirits and I know he prays for me during this struggle. Please remember me in your prayers and help me get through this crisis. I find myself on my knees a lot seeking guidance and hope. Guess you could say all's not quiet on the western front... Thanks.

2 comments:

Grasshoppa said...

My friend, you know my prayers are always with you. If I can be of ANY help at all, I'll be glad to do whatever I can. Hope you get to feeling better about things. It'll all be okay. Don't beat yourself up. Unfortunate things sometimes happen. You and your home are still intact, and we (your friends and family) are thankful for that. You CAN get past this. Believe that like we all believe in you.

Dock said...

Thanks, my brother. This goes alongside David G's wonderful email.