Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Sunday, August 09, 2009

What Was It Ringo Said? "I Get By With a Little Help From My Friends?"

Okay, Metrocast is having major outage problems today. The techs are on the job repairing various problems. I've called several times. Please understand - I DON'T OWN METROCAST!!!!!!!!!! I am a subscriber and so far they've done a pretty good job. But damn it all, don't hold me responsible when their system is down. It costs between 30 and 40 dollars a month for me to keep that hog of a server online 24/7 and I don't recall EVER asking anyone to pay one red cent towards this cost. So it's real simple...give it a rest for a few hours. Or crank up your own server and see how much quicker that electrical meter spins for you. BTW, the electrical company will measure cost per item for a nominal fee. They simply plug a device in the wall and it monitors and records. Gives a print out like an adding machine. Be nice to find such a device to purchase but so far cost is prohibitive.

Honest folks, this is sorta' insulting and it's apparent my feelings are hurt. Read the title again, damn it! Back to clean up work, but I will keep checking Metrocast's progress. Y'all have a pleasant day now...

"Lend me your ears and I'll sing you a song
and I'll try not to sing out of key."

~Richard Starkey (Ringo's real name) sang it, Lennon and McCartney wrote it and it was on Sgt. Pepper's circa 1967 - the year before I left for Vietnam

No comments: