Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Friday, August 14, 2009

A Heads Up on Phone Usage at the Beach House

Just found out that it costs $.30 every time I receive a picture through text. Also, my ability to text is horrible and I can only send and receive a very limited amount each month. I'm glad people can afford the extra charges to do such things, but I cannot. So, my email address is cybersouth@gmail.com. Please use this as the main way to communicate or simply make a phone call. If I am asleep or have laid the phone down due to work that involves getting sweaty, your call will be returned. To avoid more costs I did not purchase insurance on this phone and it has to last 2 years. Phone calls are not a problem because our family account has plenty of rollover minutes. Please don't expect me to text back. I have huge fingers and, besides, I find it ludicrous to spend more time typing on those itty-bitty keyboards when making a call takes less time. Again I am glad for all of you that have data plans and can afford to send pixs at will. But, it adds up for me. I feel that I am considerate of others and really need you to help me hold costs down. Wish I had bought that insurance. If my phone breaks, I am screwed. If I could turn off texting I'd do it in a heartbeat. You can also Twitter me. The user name is dockvudu. I constantly check email throughout the day and try to keep my phone on me if at all possible. I am asking for your help. My money is limited and I support myself by being a conservative spender. Okay, I am cheap...

I am absolutely in love with the Motorola RAZR2 V9x. It's such a joy to have memory for tunes and all the great features that come with the phone. I don't use 3G since it's not yet available in our area. Heck I've only been on the web one time with it. The GPS feature can be awesome, but there's that added charge so it's not used. It's sleek, just the right size and makes nice with my disposable battery bluetooth. I am still finding features and love the "Imperial March" ringtone that beagle put on it for me. I always wonder if it's Emperor Palpatine, Darth Vader or Jabba the Hut calling. You have to be a Star Wars fan to understand.

Your cooperation and consideration in these matters will be most appreciated. Just please send those phone pictures to my email NOT my phone. Thank you and good night.

"The bathtub was invented in 1850 and the telephone in 1875. In other words, if you had been living in 1850, you could have sat in the bathtub for 25 years without having to answer the phone."
~Bill DeWitt, 1972

No comments: